Missouri Census 2020
The 2020 Census is here! High-quality Census data will help to ensure Missouri, higher education and communities gets their fair share of federal funding and representation for the next decade.
A Missouri 2020 Census Higher Education Tool Kit (https://census.mo.gov/get-involved/highered/) provides check lists of actions and resources you can use to share the importance of the 2020 Census on your campus and in your community. This includes a tool kit for higher education administrators, suggested communications plan for higher education, a Census 2020 checklist, sample email to students, handouts for students and others, posters, Missouri 2020 Census graphics for higher education, and Missouri 2020 Census logos.
For those seeking more details, see these additional resources.
- Twitter #MissouriCounts
- Be sure to coordinate with local Complete Count Committee or local elections official(s). Map showing complete count committees at local levels (choose Missouri)
- Official Missouri Counts Message Guide
- Basic sheet with graphics
- Talking points from Missouri Complete Counts
- Role of federal funding in Missouri (dependent upon Census)
- Protecting yourself from fraud: Kansas City Counts or US Census Bureau
- How to spot a real Census worker (video)
- Student privacy, FERPA and the 2020 Census
- Questions asked on the Census form
- Video explaining 2020 Census questionnaire (essential if you are providing a computer work station)
- Census Bureau PSA Toolkit
- Video about why the Census matters in Missouri
- Videos from the Census Bureau to raise awareness (several languages)
- Social media toolkit for Missouri (MFFH)
- Kansas City area